Monday, July 29, 2013
Wow. Amazing orange color and great graphics. Love the pitcher!
See it on Etsy at SusabellaBrownstein!
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 10:57 PM
Nicely crafted piece of old skool photographic technology!
Buy it here at my shop on Etsy!
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 8:24 AM
Sunday, July 28, 2013
I had two items appear on the Front Page, but never knew - other than a bump up in views, there wasn't an easy way to find out.
However, a great site, craftcult.com has front page treasuries on their site - Go to 'The Vault', search your shop name, and voila - you'll see the date and time you made it!
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 10:51 AM
See it on Etsy at jenmaestre!
Or view her larger sculptures here!
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 1:19 AM
Saturday, July 27, 2013
I remember these when I was in college - by the time I could afford to buy them, they became impossible to find.
Buy them at the NikNakNook on Etsy!
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 4:53 PM
This style brings back memories of the late 80s, early 90s.
Buy it now at my shop!
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 9:18 AM
Friday, July 26, 2013
Cutest salt, pepper and mustard pot - ever!
See it at beggarsandchoosers shop on Etsy!
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 4:18 PM
Cool and clean cut desk set - in out trays, pencil and note holder - Teak all the way, baby!
See it here at my shop!
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 1:57 PM
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Beautiful set, I'm very sad to part with. Two-toned in deep merlot with butterscotch fronts. Bright colored engraved images. A gorgeous set.
See more information at my shop on Etsy!
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 12:34 PM
Not quite weird, a wrong turn at unique - best described as odd.
|a My Little Pony pillow cover from the 1980s|
|Mamma weiner dog with puppies hat rack|
|Object d'art made of molten metal (featured on the front page blog)|
|One of at least 6 or 7 different airline blankets|
|Hottentots on a motorcycle|
|Deadly (and somewhat illegal) Jarts|
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 4:01 AM
Garage sales and thrift stores always have an abundance of certain items. No matter where I go, there's always tons of these particulars gathering dust, and sold on the CHEAP! Such is the surplus of these at garage sales, rummage sales and thrifts - I've concluded one should NEVER NEVER NEVER buy them new. Here they are:
10. T-shirts. Why pay $20 for a t-shirt made in China, when you can go to the Goodwill and pick one up for 1.99?
9. Picture Frames. I've found many an oil painting without a frame, but my local thrifts always have piles of frames to chose from for a couple of bucks. A cheap frame from Aaron Brothers will put you back anywhere from $20 - $200.
8. Wine Glasses. What's the difference between a 65 cent goblet and a $40 one? If you buy the 65 cent one, you can spend $39.35 on a really good bottle of wine.
7. Kid Videos. Yeah, yeah, no one sells new video tapes. But why spend $15 on a Little Mermaid CD - do you really think a 4 year old cares about Hi Def?
6. Glass Vases. If I had a dollar for every vase I've seen at a thrift store, I'd be able to buy real estate in Manhattan. Because a dollar is pretty much what most of them go for, vs what you'll spend at Target.
5. Kid Books. I've found every conceivable popular paperback for young readers and I've never paid more than 50 cents.
4. Candy Dishes. Also known as nut dishes, condiment dishes, pickle dishes. Unless you're 80 years old and put doilies on your sofa you don't use these things, and certainly do NOT need to buy a new one. Or an old one, for that matter.
3. Coffee Mugs. I don't need all my mugs to match. Frankly, when I have guests, it's good for everyone to have a different mug, so everyone knows which is theirs.
2. Christmas decorations. People throw these out by the TRUCKLOADS. You name it - glass balls, ornaments, lights, serving dishes, wreaths, trees, candles, cards, jewelry. You can deck out an entire home for less money than 5 new ornaments.
...and the number one thing you should never buy new...
1. Microwave cookbooks. For every one regular cookbook, there are five of these. Why? Who the $#%^@ does anything other than reheat leftovers, boil water or heat up a TV dinner in a microwave?
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 1:14 AM
Anything will look elegant served in this lovely dish. Imagine lifting the dome and revealing something as simple as a cupcake, or as special as an engagement ring!
So, what's 'Thorley's Special Prize? You'll have to read more about it...
...at my Etsy shop!
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 12:36 AM
Monday, July 22, 2013
Like gruesome bits of candy!!
See it on Etsy at TeresaSullivanStudio!
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 10:37 PM
Elegant and distinctly 50s Cleminsons vase. Tall, matte black with starburst designs.
See it at my Etsy shop!
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 10:24 PM
Sunday, July 21, 2013
Who doesn't want a dinosaur planter!!
View it on Etsy at crazycouture!
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 1:53 PM
Saturday, July 20, 2013
Gorgeous large scale green Mid-Century studio pottery owl. This amazing owl features a very cool modernist geometric design with two pointy atomic legs. Courtesy of Light the Glittery Moon.
See it here on Etsy!
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 1:16 PM
Lovely costume piece, cabochon garnet red, turquoise and pearl beads.
Find it here on Etsy!
Posted by So Cal Peeper at 12:39 PM